Life As A Blonde: Essential Tips for Keeping Your Color Vibrant
No matter what color hair you have, we can all agree that there is something special about having blonde hair. Blonde hair sets you apart from the crowd and is often considered a desirable trait in many cultures. However, with beautiful hair comes great responsibility to maintain it.
Now, maintaining your hair can be a tiresome activity in order to provide your hair with the right amount of nourishment, hydration, and conditioning. Blonde hair, in particular, needs special attention to maintain its shine and strength.
PURC Organics, a brand known for its sustainable and organic products, has a range of products for colored hair, especially blonde hair. These products are made from natural ingredients and are sulfate and paraben free, thus perfect to use.
What makes blonde hair unique is its rarity. Since only 2% of the world’s population has naturally blonde hair, they are rare and special. It is generally found in people of Northern European descent. Natural blonde hair is the result of a genetic mutation that affects the production of melatonin, the pigment responsible for giving color to our hair. Thus, people with blonde hair have lower melatonin levels than people with black or brown hair.
While coloring your hair may seem like a really fun and cool activity, there are some necessary precautions to be considered in order to avoid damaging your hair.
- Consulting an expert– With the right knowledge and experience, an expert provides you with the perfect guidance for coloring your hair. They may help you choose the right color for you based on the texture and strength of your hair. They can recommend some products that would be good for you and make you aware of the potential risks and benefits involved.
- Clean hair– It is recommended to wash your hair before coloring it to provide a clean base. However, do not wash right before coloring because it can damage the hair without any natural oils on the scalp.
- Deep conditioning– It is a good idea to deep condition your hair a day or two before coloring in order to provide nourishment and strength to your hair, making it resilient to the chemicals present in the color dye.
- Don’t use styling products- Avoid using styling products such as a straightener or curler as these may create a barrier, preventing the dye from penetrating evenly throughout the hair,
- Protect your skin– In order to prevent staining and irritation of the areas around your hair, apply a layer of petroleum jelly or thick cream on your hairline, ears, and neckline.
- Use the right tools– Before coloring your hair, use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair in order to distribute the dye evenly and prevent patches of uneven color.
- Choose the right color– The color that will suit you depends on the color and texture of your natural hair as well as your skin tone. If you have cool undertones, shades of ash or platinum may suit you better, while warmer skin toner may look better with honey or golden blonde hues.
After applying the dye to your hair, it is recommended to wait 24 to 48 hours before washing your hair so that the color completely sets in and helps it last longer.
- Use sulfate-free shampoo– A sulfate-free shampoo, specifically formulated for colored hair is to be used because sulfate can strip off the dye from your hair.
PURC Purple Hair Shampoo is the perfect shampoo for blonde hair. A sulfate and paraben-free shampoo helps to nourish and hydrate the scalp and increases blood flow. It balances the pH according to the hair color and also provides protection against heat and damage.
- Use a color-protecting conditioner– A conditioner designed for colored hair will help to prevent the hair color from fading and keep the hair healthy and hydrated.
- Avoid using hot water– It is always suggested to wash your hair with lukewarm water. Avoid hot water as it can cause the color to fade away faster.
- Get regular trims– Trimming helps in keeping the hair healthy and removes split ends, which make the hair color look dull.
Styling your freshly-colored blonde hair can be pretty easy if you follow the following tips:
- Protection from heat– Whether it is contact with direct sunlight or styling products, protect your hair from heat by using heat protectant sprays to avoid dull and frizzy hair.
- Add texture – Add texture to your hair making it look fuller, thicker, and multi-dimensional. Use sea salt spray or texturizing pastes to achieve this.
- Hair products– Use hair products specially formulated for colored hair to protect against any damage. Sulfate-free shampoos are believed to be the best to maintain healthy and frizz-free hair.
Maintenance Of Colored Hair
Over time, the color tends to fade away and get lighter which leads to uneven color. This can be resolved through regular touch-ups. Touch-ups for hair color are important to maintain the vibrancy and beauty of colored hair.
While lighter-colored hair requires more frequent touch-ups in order to avoid the color from turning yellow, the darker shades require comparatively fewer touch-ups.
However, the frequency of touch-ups may also depend on several other factors such as the texture of your natural hair, so it is always recommended to consult an expert to ensure that the process is done safely and effectively, with the right hair products and techniques.
Other than this, some basic tips to maintain healthy and good-looking hair are getting regular trims, limiting heat contact, using hair masks, using a sulfate-free shampoo, and consulting an expert if you face any serious issues.
Be it natural or colored, blonde hair catches the eye because of its beauty. It has a natural sheen that makes it look shiny and beautiful. Its rarity makes it stand out and look unique in a room full of people. A versatile hair color, it can be styled in various ways to suit your preferences and is often associated with youthfulness.
To celebrate the uniqueness and beauty of blonde hair, it is extremely important to take good care of them otherwise it might end up looking frizzy, dull, and rough. Using the above-mentioned tips and tricks can help with maintaining blonde hair. Shinier and good-looking hair is key to boosting self-esteem and confidence!