Peptides For Hair: Does It Really Work?
Hair care has always been an important part of one’s well-being. However, in the new age, maintaining strong and healthy hair has become nothing short of a time-consuming, hectic activity. We experiment with home remedies, and DIY masks for our hair and try changing the products that we use on a daily basis yet we fail to see effective results.
Our hair needs a variety of nutrients and vitamins, which can be provided through a healthy diet and by applying products rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Biotin, and Peptides.
What are Peptides?
Peptides are short chains of amino acids that can prove to be beneficial for the hair in a variety of ways. These are the building blocks of certain proteins needed by the skin such as collagen and elastane, two types of connective tissues responsible for smooth skin.
Peptides promote hair health in a variety of ways. Some may improve the blood circulation to the hair, while others may improve the structural integrity of hair fiber, and yet others can be used to increase the thickness of your hair.
These are naturally present in our bodies. However, with age or due to certain lifestyle habits like smoking, our bodies start to lose peptides. These can be regained by using peptide-rich products. Peptides can be produced in laboratories and are also present in dairy products such as eggs, meat, and milk.
Commonly Used Peptides For Hair
- Copper Peptides– Scientifically known as GHK-Cu, these contain copper ions that promote hair growth by improving blood circulation. These also help in maintaining the natural hair color, as well as the color of your eyes and skin. According to a 2007 study performed in Vitro, copper peptides can help to maintain one’s hair growth cycle, thus reducing hair fall. Thus, it reduces inflammation and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- Keratin Peptides– These contain amino acids, that are similar to those found in keratin, which makes up the hair. They can strengthen and repair damaged hair by penetrating the hair shafts and filling the gaps. Keratin peptides support the skin and keep the hair healthy.
- Matrixyl Peptides– These stimulate the production of skin components like collagen and elastin, improving the texture and elasticity of hair. This results in scientifically proven anti-aging effects.
- Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3– It helps to increase the thickness and hair density by increasing blood circulation to the hair follicles and reducing inflammation.
- Myristoyl Hexapeptide-16– It helps in promoting hair growth by activating stem cells in the hair follicles and improving hair anchoring.
Benefits Of Using Peptides For Hair
- Promotes Hair Growth– Since peptides improve the circulation of blood to hair, and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, it helps significantly in promoting new hair growth.
- Peptides Make Your Hair Thicker– They help increase the volume of your hair by increasing the size of the hair follicles. As the size increases, the peptides penetrate well and deep into the follicles, thus increasing hair thickness.
- Improving Hair Texture– By stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, peptides like Matrixyl Peptide, help in improving the texture of your hair, making it smoother and shinier.
- Facilitates the Hair Growth Cycle– By reducing hair fall, copper peptides prolong the hair growth cycle, which increases the life of our hair through the stimulation of blood flow to the hair and increased production of collagen and elastin.
- Hair Loss Reduction– By suppressing the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which has been found to cause hair fall, copper peptides help to regulate hair growth. It helps in stimulating collagen and elastin production, which increases the fat cells on the scalp and thus promotes hair growth.
PURC Organics, a brand featuring sustainable haircare products offers a range of viable and effective haircare products which improve the texture of your hair while promoting hair growth. All the products are organic, chemical-free, and 100% vegan. One can find a wide range of products here for styling, washing, or dying different types of hair. Some of the most suitable products for nourishing and conditioning, that has peptide as a major ingredient are:
- CONDITIONER BARS
It promotes hair growth, nourishes the scalp, and makes hair healthy.
Ingredients– Coconut Oil, Cocoa Seed Butter, Olive Oil, Glycerinum Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter oil), and Water.
Benefits– It helps to remove excess build-up from hair follicles, is rich in lauric acid and penetrates deep into the hair shaft, and relieves the scalp of itchiness.
One of our bestsellers, it is a great source of hydration, moisture, and nourishment for the hair.
Ingredients– Bio Seaweed, Cocoa Seed Butter, Shea Butter, and Water.
Benefits– Loaded with nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and proteins, Bio Seaweed is a great nourishing agent for our hair. Its medicinal properties help in promoting hair growth, resulting in beautiful hair.
2. PURC HAIR MASKS
It nourishes the hair to the roots and makes them softer and shinier.
Ingredients– Keratin, Argan Oil, Plant-Based Extracts, Water, Shea Butter Oil.
Benefits– An easy-to-apply mask, it penetrates deep into the roots and conditions the hair. It softens frizzy hair and provides shine to dull hair. The leave-in mask also helps to improve blood circulation to the scalp.
A naturally-composed hair mask, it deeply nourishes your hair.
Ingredients– Lavender Extract, Ginseng Extract, Keratin, Cerearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric acid.
Benefits– It nourishes damaged hair while the green granules in the mask boost and activate other ingredients. It balances the sebum level and pH of the hair to reduce frizz and split ends.
3. HAIR SERUM
It balances the oil on the scalp and promotes hair growth.
Ingredients: Ginseng Extract, Lavender Extract, Ginger Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Extract, Rosemary Extract, Pumpkin Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Adenosine Triphosphate, and Licorice Extract.
Benefits– It improves hair quality, strengthens the hair, and helps in the regrowth of hair.
Suitable for Hair loss, receding hairline, and balding hair.
Hair care can be made easy if we know what our hair is lacking. Peptides are but one essential for our hair. Maintaining a healthy diet and sticking to a rigid haircare routine are also extremely important. PURC Organics offers great products to manage dull, frizzy hair and reduce hair fall which has peptides as a major ingredient. These sustainable haircare products are not only suitable for all hair types but there are also wide-ranging products to suit all your needs.