The Ultimate Guide to Pre-Shampoo Treatment Benefits
Who doesn’t love to have shiny, healthy hair? We often catch ourselves admiring the beautiful hair of models in magazines or on TV screens. We wish to have such hair but don’t want to put in the work.
However, this can be made easy with the sustainable range of haircare products from PURC Organics. A brand with naturally composed products, it has a range of hair growth collections enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients such as ginger, and turmeric, along with the richness of essential oils.
Building a pre-shampoo routine, consisting of the right products is just as important as your in-shower or post-shampoo hair care. Providing your hair with care through enriching ingredients before washing, can lead to healthier hair because our hair is receiving the required nourishment and care.
Pre-shampoo treatment could include either oiling your hair 3-4 hours before washing, applying hair masks or serums, or even scrubs. This helps in hydrating and nourishing the hair, cures dryness removes product build-up from the scalp and reduces hair breakage.
Types of Pre-Shampoo Treatment
1. Oil Treatment
Applying oil to your hair for a specified time before washing helps to provide moisture and nourishment to your hair. It also prevents your hair from heat damage and reduced hair breakage.
Different types of oil-
- Almond Oil
You can choose any oil according to your preferences and suitability.
2. Hair Masks
Various hair masks, either ready-to-use or homemade DIYs, can be used to provide nourishment and care to your hair. It helps in strengthening the hair by repairing damage and dryness. These are enriched with vitamins and minerals, resulting in silky and healthy hair.
3. Hair Butter
Hair butter like cocoa butter, and mango butter, helps to prevent hair breakage and strengthen the hair shaft. Along with strengthening the hair, these butter provide a smoother texture of hair.
4. Scalp Treatments
In order to have strong hair it is important to have a healthy scalp. Scalp treatments promote a healthy scalp by reducing dandruff, removing product build-up, and strengthening the hair follicles. Essential oils like tea tree oil or peppermint oil can be used on the scalp to reduce inflammation, irritated ness, and other such problems.
5. Aloe vera Gel
Using aloe vera gel as a pre-shampoo treatment is a natural substitute that helps in providing moisture to the hair while hydrating the scalp. It reduces inflammation and itchiness and is also known to repair dandruff.
Benefits of Pre-Shampoo Treatments
- Nourishment– It provides your hair with nourishment and essential vitamins and minerals. It helps in preventing frizzy and dry hair.
- Improved hair health– Since the hair receives the required care, they feel and look healthier and smoother.
- Increased shine– It prevents dull and dry hair caused due to pollution, dirt, and damage, thus promoting shinier, softer, and smoother hair.
- Repairs damage– Our hair is damaged due to heat exposure, heat styling, and environmental dirt and pollution. This in turn leads to hair problems like frizziness, dryness, split ends, or even dandruff. To prevent these, pre-shampoo treatments are extremely important.
- Reduced breakage– Nourishment and care through pre-shampoo treatments increase the strength and life of our hair, thus reducing hair fall as well as hair breakage.
- Easier to detangle hair– Tangles and dry hair are a big no. Pre-shampoo treatments help to hydrate the hair, thus preventing it from tangling.
- Boosts activity of other products– Pre-shampoo treatments provide a base for our hair and thus whatever products we apply in the shower afterward, increase their effectiveness on our hair, giving better results.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Use penetrating hair oils such as coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, and babassu oil to nourish your hair.
- Leave the oil overnight for better nourishment.
- Message the oil gently on your scalp.
- Apply the treatment evenly throughout your hair.
- While using masks, apply them only for the recommended time duration, rinsing them off thoroughly afterward.
- Do not use oils if you already have an oily scalp.
- Do not use too much of the product, that it weighs down your hair.
- Do not use a conditioner if your hair is prone to hygral fatigue.
- Do not use hot water to rinse off the product, it may damage your hair.
- Do not use such treatments too frequently as it can lead to product build-up.
Pre-Shampoo Treatment DIY
- Banana Mask
Bananas contain potassium, which makes them a rich source of minerals for our hair. They provide hair with moisture and hydration and are also known to prevent dandruff.
Whereas olive oil strengthens the hair shafts and keeps the scalp healthy.
Ingredients- Banana, Virgin Olive Oil.
- Take a banana and mash it to form a paste.
- To this, add 1 tbsp. of Virgin olive oil.
- Mix it well.
- Divide your hair into equal sections and apply the mask evenly.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and wash afterward with lukewarm water.
This mask can be used 1-3 times a week and leads to shinier and healthier hair.
2. Egg Pre-shampoo Treatment
Eggs are nutrient-rich and provide the hair with the required nutrients and proteins. It consists of Vitamin A and E which promotes hair growth and hair thickness.
Ingredients- 2-3 eggs, olive oil, honey
- Beat 1-3 eggs, depending on the length of your hair.
- To this, add in 1tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Mix it up well
- Section the hair into equal parts and apply it evenly.
- Leave it for 30 minutes before washing your hair with any preferred shampoo.
This can be used at least once a week and leads to thicker, shinier, and lengthier hair.
3. Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera has medicinal properties which calm the scalp of itchiness and irritation, reduce dandruff and strengthen the hair.
Ingredients- Natural Aloe vera gel, coconut oil
- Take 4 tbsp of aloe vera gel.
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Whisk it together till it is combined well.
- Apply it on detangles hair thoroughly and leave for 40-45 minutes, covering your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse it off with your favorite shampoo.
This mask contains the goodness of aloe vera along with the curing properties of coconut oil, making it an enriching mask for your hair.
PURC Organics brings to you a range of sustainable products for hair growth and easy maintenance. These are super easy on your hair and come in handy.
Is composed of oleic and linoleic fatty acids, and it penetrated deep into the scalp, providing nourishment and promoting hair growth. No wonder it works magic as a pre-shampoo treatment.
Ingredients- Ginger oil, Castor oil, Sweet almond oil, shea butter oil, and water.
Usage- Only 2-3 drops of this oil are essential to provide nourishment to your hair.
Benefits- It increases the number of active hair follicles thus promoting hair growth, it contains healing properties that repair the scalp and is composed of antioxidants leading to reduced itchiness and inflammation.
It is rich in fatty acids and helps to strengthen the hair follicles, which promotes hair regrowth. It is recommended for thinning hair due to its rich ingredients.
Ingredients- Ginger extract, Panax ginseng, Polygonum oil, Glycerin, Glycerol, Grape seed oil, Methylparaben.
Usage- 2-3 drops of this spray are essential. It can also be left in overnight to provide deeper nourishment.
Benefits- It rejuvenates the hair roots and promotes natural hair darkening and healthy aging.
Pre-shampoo treatments are essential to provide nourishment to your hair. The above-mentioned DIYs are fun and easy ways to take care of your hair. PURC products can be used to provide your hair with the required care with the goodness of natural ingredients. Thus, for shinier and healthier hair, pre-shampoo treatments are a must.