Originating from Australia and traditionally used as a herbal medicine, the Tea Tree oil has now started making space in our skin care cabinets. Due to the skincare and hair benefits it has, Tea Tree oil is now a part of our beauty routines. From treating acne and dandruff to moisturizing skin and preventing excess oil, this essential oil is a must have.
Alongside treating acne and dandruff, PURC’s Tea Tree Essential Oil also helps in curing inflammation, microbial infections, skin lesions, skin wounds and much more. This multipurpose essential oil is a 100 percent organic concoction of Tea Tree Oil and Terpenin-O.
PURC’s essential oil makes use of natural and organic ingredients like Tea Tree Oil, Terpenin-O, Flower Base, and water. It also consists of shea butter oil. The product is sulfate, silicone, and paraben free. It is also vegan and cruelty free.
The tea tree oil is abstracted from the tea tree leaves found in the southeast coast of Australia.
It improves blood circulation in the scalp, prevents hair loss, and soothes the skin. Terpenin-O makes up for about 40 percent of the oil and has immense benefits. It has antimicrobial properties and helps with acne, dandruff, lice, and healing wounds on your body and face. By combining the benefits of the two, our oil also cures redness, swelling, oral issues such as bad breath and gingivitis, allergic reactions etc.
Benefits Of PURC’s Tea-Tree Oil
1. Best Cure For Acne
Acne is usually caused by excess production of sebum and clogged pores. Tea tree oil is known to control the excess oil and remove the dirt and impurities from the skin. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties are thought to help in reducing redness, swelling, and heal the skin. Mix your tea tree oil with a carrier oil and apply it on your acne or acne scars.
2. Acts As An Antiseptic
Tea tree oil also works as an antiseptic due to its potent antibacterial quality. It helps to kill off bacteria and prevent infections from wounds. It is also shown to speed up the healing process. Although it would not be advisable to put the oil in an open wound. You can use it for minor cuts, burns, and scrapes.
3. Balances The Skin Oil
Due to its antiseptic abilities, it can help combat oily skin. While a lot of skin clearing products dry the skin out, the tea tree oil removes the excess without causing any irritation. In fact, this essential oil is known to moisturise the skin by reducing itching and soothing your skin. It can be easily used with your sunscreen or moisturizer.
4. Hair And Scalp
Tea tree oil is known to help improve the blood circulation in the scalp as well as moisturise it thoroughly.
This oil helps to reduce dandruff from the scalp without ever making your hair greasy. All thanks to its oil balancing quality.
The increased blood flow also contributes to healthy hair growth.
It can be used with either a carrier oil or your shampoo.
5. Healthy Hands
The oil and its antibacterial properties can help you keep your hands and nails clean from a multitude of things. It can be added to your favorite hand sanitizer to give it a boost. It also has anti-fungal qualities which helps to cure nail fungus and skin infections. Along with its protection against bacteria and viruses, it also hydrates your hands.
Directions To Use
If you are applying the oil on your face, you need to mix only 2-3 drops of the tea tree oil with your usual face cream or sunscreen.
Same amount is to be used with your body lotion.
Alternatively, you can mix it with olive oil and apply it on your body. Make sure to use it overnight and wash up the next morning. To apply the oil in your hair, take 6-10 drops of the tea tree oil with every one ounce of your shampoo.
Make sure to put it in for at least 5 minutes before rinsing it off. You can also mix 5-6 drops of tea tree oil with almond oil overnight to get best results.
Since tea tree oil is a very potent essential oil, it is wise to use it with some precaution.
Do not use the oil more than 2-3 drops for 3-4 times a week.
It might cause you hypersensitivity reactions. It is advisable to do a patch test before using the oil to see how your skin reacts to the oil.
This oil is only for external use. While applying the oil around the mouth and eyes, be careful or else it might cause irritation.
Any essential oil should not be applied directly to the skin. They should always be mixed with another base solution like shampoo, moisturizer, or some other oil.
You can read more of the side effects here.
To make the oil last long, be sure to keep it in a dark, glass bottle. Store it in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight. The oil lasts upto two years after the manufacturing date.
1. Can I leave tea tree oil on my face overnight?
- Yes, you may leave tea tree oil on your face overnight. There is no need to be concerned about how long the tea tree oil will remain on your skin if it has been diluted. Tea tree oil will enter into your skin and is completely harmless if appropriately diluted with a carrier oil.
- Just don’t apply tea tree oil directly to your skin since it is quite powerful and can burn you. Tea tree oil should not be kept on the skin for an extended period of time if it is undiluted since it is highly powerful and drying.
2. Does tea tree oil darken skin?
- No. Tea tree oil, on the other hand, is most effective as a preventive treatment against black spots. Its power is in its capacity to quickly heal and prevent a blemish or wound from developing, rather than in its ability to erase an existing area.
- While some say that this oil has modest resurfacing qualities that assist remove pre-existing dark patches over time, this has not been proven scientifically.
3. What should not be used with tea tree oil?
- Tea Tree Oil should not be combined with other active ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, retinol, retinoids, tretinoin, Retin-A, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, vitamin C, and so on. It is preferable to utilise one or the other, not both. Use it no more than once per day – less is more!
4. Can Tea Tree Oil be used for daily conditioning?
- Yes, it works great as a leave-in conditioner. You can prepare a tea tree oil spray. All you need to do is take some distilled water and mix it with a few drops of tea tree oil. Some individuals make this spray using chamomile tea.
- Whatever components you choose to make your spray, it should contain around 5% tea tree oil. Put this combination in a spray bottle and use it to give your hair a boost of natural conditioning whenever you want.
- Tea tree oil should not be applied directly to the scalp since it is very concentrated and has the potential to irritate the skin.
5. Does Tea Tree Oil Help Your Hair Grow?
- Yes, by unclogging pores, increasing oxygen and nutrition flow, and eliminating infections, hair follicles may now create healthy, strong hair that is less prone to breakage or hair loss. Tea tree oil may also enhance the health of your hair because it is a natural oil that will not dry it out.
PURC Tea Tree oil, made from organic ingredients, is an extremely versatile and effective essential oil. It helps to heal and prevent various skin infections. Its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities make it a must have product.