Will Polygonum Multiflorum Dye Your Hair Black?
What Is Polygonum Multiflorum?
Polygonum Multiflorum, also known as He Shou Wu (pronounced huh show woo), is a tuberous plant with therapeutic properties found in its root. It is indigenous to China and may also be found in Japan and Taiwan. This plant, known as Fo-Ti in the United States, is valued in Chinese medicine for its anti-aging and longevity-promoting properties.
It takes at least four years for the plant to mature fully, and it must be properly prepared (by a skilled herbalist) to enjoy the full tonic benefits. This is accomplished by slicing the root immediately after harvesting and then cooking it in a black bean broth. It may then be converted into a powder that can be mixed with smoothies, or it can be taken as a pill or elixir.
History Of Polygonum Multiflorum
He Shou Wu (literally “black-haired Mr. He”) refers to the tale of an elderly peasant named Mr. He who took the herb and regained his black hair, young look, and vigour.
According to legend, hunger ravaged the hamlet of a poor man named Mr. He. While most individuals departed to locate food and temporary jobs, Mr. He was unable to do it since he was too unwell. To avoid starvation, he picked and ate wild vegetables and roots.
One of these was the bitter fo-ti root, which the locals had never eaten before. Gradually, Mr. He was able to restore his health. His face lightened up. He had a child. And his greying hair became black once again. He had a long and active life after it.
Uses Of Polygonum Multiflorum
1. Natural Safety
- Polygonum multiflorum natural plant extract has no hazardous chemical components. It deeply nourishes the scalp and hair, restores damaged hair, and regulates oil from the hair’s roots.
- It maintains hair strong, moisturised, and antibacterial; it prevents moisture loss in the hair; and it makes your hair soft and light.
2. Hair Loss Prevention
- Throughout East Asia, Fo-ti has long been used to treat individuals suffering from baldness and hair loss.
- A research on mice was conducted to test the effectiveness of Polygonum multiflorum extracts in promoting hair growth by stimulating hair follicles, and it was discovered that the group treated with it experienced an increase in the number and size of hair follicles, which is considered evidence for anagen phase activation.
- Torachrysone is a chemical discovered in Polygonum Multiflorum that has the ability to dramatically increase the number of dermal papilla cells, which are involved in hair development and fibre length.
3. Reverse Hair Aging
- Polygonum multiflorum is capable of more than just regeneration and regrowth; it can also reverse hair ageing and help return it to its natural colour.
- It increases hair follicle pigmentation by preserving the survival of melanocytes from oxidative stress, which is a crucial factor in the beginning and development of hair greying.
- Because grey hair is caused by melanocyte death in an oxidative stress environment, Polygonum Multiflorum is an active component that protects melanocytes from premature death, successfully combating grey hair.
Reason Why Hair Turns Gray
Melanocytes, which are small hair pigment cells found within hair follicles, generate hair colour. Melanocytes produce melanin, the pigment that gives hair its colour. The more melanin there is in the hair, the darker the colour. When these melanocytes’ activity decreases, they stop producing these pigments, resulting in grey hair.
How Exactly Does Polygonum Multiflorum Function And Dye Hair?
- Polygonum Multiflorum has the ability to increase the body’s Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) level, which aids in the protection of cells against lipid peroxidation and DNA damage. It is an enzyme that detoxifies free radicals in the body. SOD is beneficial in protecting cells from lipid peroxidation and DNA damage.
- Polygonum Multiflorum promotes cellular lifespan by increasing SOD levels. This has a variety of effects on the body, the most well-known of which being the influence on hair.
- Polygonum Multiflorum promotes blood circulation to the scalp by feeding the liver and kidneys, resulting in better hair. It accomplishes this by increasing melanin synthesis and replenishing hair follicles. By increasing melanin synthesis, the hair loses greys and darkens back to its original colour.
- In addition to its hair-strengthening effects, He Shou Wu has been proven in tests to reduce cholesterol, thanks to the herb’s lecithin concentration. Shou Wu promotes healthy red blood cell production, slows gland degradation, and boosts antioxidant activity in the body, all of which assist to delay the ageing process.
About PURC Polygonum Multiflorum Shampoo Bar
PURC Polygonum Multiflorum Shampoo nourishes and strengthens hair follicles naturally. This bar shampoo progressively reverses and cures hair greying by deeply feeding the scalp and resetting the hair development cycle, therefore boosting hair growth. It hydrates limp hair, promotes hair development, and gives hair a smoother texture.
1. Are Polygonum Multiflorum Shampoo Bars Safe?
- To develop and extract the advantages of Fo-Ti in their Shampoo Bars, PURC Organics collaborated with Pharmacists and Herbalists from the Traditional Chinese Medicine University in Nanjing.
- Their Polygonum Multiflorum shampoo bars are all-natural and include no harsh chemicals, parabens, or preservatives. They guarantee that using their Polygonum Shampoo Bar on a regular basis yields fantastic results.
2. What Are The Ingredients Of PURC Polygonum Shampoo?
- The major components are water, sea salt, glycerine, shea butter oil, polygonum multiflorum, panax ginseng root extract, and european olive.
- Polygonum Multiflorum reinvigorates blood capillaries to enable complete blood circulation to and from follicles, shea butter, a fat harvested from the nut of the African shea tree relieves many scalp problems like dandruff and cradle cap and essential oils that help sustain and detoxify the hair.
3. After How Many Washes Can The Results Be Noticed?
- People report seeing benefits in as little as four weeks after using our Polygonum Shampoo. Customers are advised to move to it for 1-2 months for the major benefits.
- Because the shampoo bars include Polygonum extract, they gradually darken the hair after a few applications.
4. How Many Uses Will A Single Shampoo Bar Serve?
- When properly maintained, the bars generally offer 50-75 washes; this replaces two to three 16 oz bottles of standard liquid shampoo.
- This is determined by factors such as how frequently the shampoo is used, how the shampoo bar is stored, and the amount required each shower.
5. How Are Solid PURC Shampoo Bars Produced?
- PURC’s shampoo-bar manufacturing technique is based on an ancient technology known as “cold saponification.” It is the magical mix of oils, sodium hydroxide, and pure spring water that transforms these raw materials, which would otherwise be incapable of washing the hair or anything else, into our wonderful shampoo bars.
- The procedure results in an emulsion that hardens somewhat. At that point, the last components such as clays, milk, virgin oils and essential oils are added. This mixture is then placed in moldings that give them the bar form, and they are cured for 24 hours.
- After that, the soda must dry for about 4 weeks before it may do its function. When the procedure is through, there will be no more oil or soda, simply an amazing shampoo bar with necessary qualities for your hair.